Sunday, October 19, 2008

{has anyone eaten a cupcake}

from the ButterCream Cupcakery? I am so excited to have the opportunity to feature this great business and team of sister mom-preneurs this month (even though it's almost over :)). This local business is located off of Mason, right next to Albertson's. The shop itself is so cute and, of course, the cupcakes are heavenly! This isn't any ordinary cupcake either...flavors include pumpkin, pink lemonade and toasted coconut (which I love) - a different flavor is featured each day and then every day you get red velvet, chocolate, vanilla, vanilla bean...mouth watering yet? Like last month's mom-preneur, I had Mary and Robin answer some questions to get to know them and their business a little better:

How did you come up with the name? After weeks of brainstorming possible names, Butter Cream popped into Robin's head in the middle of the night. Cupcakery came from hearing the word on Martha Stewart's show.

How long have you been in business? We came up with the idea in January 2008, and opened the store August 2, 2008.

Please explain a little bit about your business and how you developed the concept behind it
we were inspired by the very successful cupcake shops in Denver and nationwide, and thought Fort Collins was ready for one :)

Where is your store located? Our store is at the SW corner of Horsetooth and College, next to Albertsons and our website address is www.buttercreamcupcakery.com

What is the hardest part or some your stuggles you've had starting your own business? we just want to please everyone, and sometimes that is just not possible!

How do you balance your business and your family? We both have incredibly supportive husbands that have helped out with the kids. We also think that the time we do spend together as a family is so precious and not taken for granted anymore.

What are some of your short and long term goals? A short term goal would be to get some large weekly corporate orders going. A long term goal would be to open 3-4 more stores throughout Colorado in the next 5 years.

Anything we can look forward to seeing in your business in the future? More specialty baked goods, watch for our holiday pies and cheesecakes.

How many kiddos do you have?
Mary 2 kids - Alice, 7 and Oliver, 4
Robin 4 kids - Clara, 4, Ella, 7 , Ivan, 21 and Rosemarie 26

My Favorite shopping link is
Mary - candywarehouse.com
Robin - crate&barrel.com

My Favorite find in FC is
Mary - downtown lights during the holidays
Robin - Paciugo gelato at Centerra

The reason I love what I do is
Mary - I get to bake cupcakes all morning in my commercial kitchen :)
Robin - I get to meet new people everyday and help make their day better

Most days I just need...
Mary - a Coyote Gold Margarita
Robin - a good strong cup of coffee

Dont count on me to.....
Mary - make lattes
Robin - clean the bathrooms :)

If i'm typically craving something it is.....
Mary - sushi
Robin - Junior Mints

Where would we find you on a lazy day with the family?
Mary - at home relaxing
Robin - breakfast at the Backporch Cafe and a movie

Thanks Mary and Robin! Again, you can find amazing cupcakes at The ButterCream Cupcakery on Mason Dr, just west of Albertson's.
And, for those of you who haven't tried a cupcake yet or have, and are in love with them like I am....leave a comment and your email address and I will enter you in a contest to win a half dozen cupcakes - flavor is your choice! You have until October 31st at midnight to enter!

One more thing, if you are interested in being a featured mom-preneur or know someone who is, send me an email and let me know!

9 comments:

Rachel said...

I LOVE the cupcakes. They have a lavender one which was wonderful (yep .. made with real lavender)!

Party of Five said...

Oh my! I had never heard of this place; the cupcakes look wonderful!! Excellent name too! I will have to check it out.

Music Playgroup said...

Yum, this place sounds GOOOOOD!! Might be a good place to order birthday cupcakes too!! ;) We'll have to go soon.

Anonymous said...

I have had these cupcakes and they are wonderful! This is a special treat for our family on family days!!!! Yeah! My mouth is watering thinking of these scrumptious little cakes!!!!!!!!!!!

Rachel said...

I'm in for the drawing! My name is Rachel and my email is rachelaferg@msn.com :)

Robin Egger said...

I'm a sucker for cupcakes! I might have to take my 2year old (who also happens to be a sucker for cupcakes)on a date there soon!

rfegger@gmail.com

Pick me! Pick me! hahaha

Erin said...

I heart cupcakes - and the ones they make look really REALLY good!
erinmarieschneider@gmail.com

Jenn said...

My healthy eating was going along splendidly until I discovered the cupcakery.
Thanks a lot ladies....no really....thanks.

Anonymous said...

I maybe the only guy posting a comment on here, but I LOVE cupcakes. I've been wanting to try their cupcakes for a while now. Mmm...MMM!

This is Lee Vary, BTW.

Oh, and the photos look amazingly appetizing.